Edmond Youth Chorus
Edmond Youth Chorus
Sign up for Auditions:
Edmond Youth Chorus holds 31 rehearsals throughout the school year on Monday evenings from 4:30-6:00pm. The rehearsal season will begin Monday, August 22nd and conclude Monday, May 22nd.
EYC is an honor chorus for students from all over Edmond in 4th-8th grade.
2021/2022 Performances included:
Heard on Hurd
Mayors Tree Lighting at Luminance
Governor’s Tree Lighting
Downtown Edmond Arts Festival
2022-2023 performance schedule TBA!
About this Program
Whether your child is a seasoned singer or “just loves to sing”, the Edmond Youth Chorus is an outstanding opportunity and privilege for members. Students from all over Edmond have been singing, learning and making friends in the Edmond Youth Chorus for 36 years. The Edmond Youth Chorus is an auditioned, honor chorus for boys & girls in the 4th to 8th grades in the fall.
- The 2022-2023 season is August 23, 2021- May 2, 2022.
- Chorus rehearsals are each Monday from 4:30 – 6:00 pm at the Fine Arts Institute of Edmond at 27 E. Edwards.
- Annual Tuition: $460 paid in two payments of $230 OR A 10% discount is given for tuition paid in full. Discount on tuition only.
- Tuition includes 2 *OKC Thunder tickets. *Thunder ticket prices have not been determined, additional costs for Thunder tickets may be incurred once EYC game dates are announced. Additional tickets can be purchased through the team ticket offices. Tuition must be paid in full before students can perform at Thunder games.
Auditions for the Edmond Youth Chorus are “friendly”! Children are asked to sing a familiar tune and will be given music patterns to sing.
- No more than two children at a time will sing together and individually during the five-minute audition.
- Singers do not need to have anything prepared for the auditions.
Director, Leah McDonald, music teacher at Heritage Elementary, “is passionate when it comes to music and children and we are thrilled she continues to share her talent with us,” states Shannon Price, Executive Director of the FAI. “I do my best to share with chorus members a lifelong love of music. Music and art enhance self-esteem, self-awareness and fosters understanding between cultures,” says Leah McDonald. Chorus Members receive vocal instruction and learn a wide range of selected music such as contemporary, sacred, folk, patriotic, seasonal, and classical. During this time of COVID, we are making plans to conduct rehearsals in the safest way possible, including a maximum of 25 singers, face shields, distancing, and encouraging masks. We will focus on making music together, having fun, and music literacy!
The Edmond Youth Chorus is one of the many cultural projects sponsored by the Fine Arts Institute of Edmond. The FAI is a non-profit organization offering educational opportunities for children and adults in the visual and performing arts. Click here to schedule your friendly audition.