Policies & Procedures
Policies & Procedures
The Edmond Fine Arts Institute is a 501c3 non-profit community arts organization offering educational enrichment to
children and adults in visual and performing arts. Creativity thrives through diversity. All classes are open to students
pre-school through adults and embrace all differences in ethnicity, ability, gender identity and expression.
To ensure the Edmond Fine Arts Institute is a safe place for all students to discover, create, and perform the following policies are in place for classes beginning August 23, 2021. Please keep in mind, our policies are updated based on state and CDC recommendations for best practices and are subject to change. It is ultimately up to you to do what is best for yourself and your family.
Teachers working with children 12 and under will wear masks in the classrooms, however it is optional for students. We have many students that are immune compromised and want everyone to feel safe when attending class. It is up to families to decide what is best for their children.
Adult teachers and adult students are encouraged to wear masks, however it is optional for all. Everyone’s situation varies and our expectation is for each class to be respectful of other’s needs.
To limit the number of people in the building, please drop off and pick up children 7 and older at the front entrance. (If it is your first time in the building, feel free to escort your child to their room for the first class.) Preschool students, age 3-6 should be dropped off and picked up at their classrooms each week. Waiting in the gallery area for class to dismiss is discouraged.
Please stay home if anyone in your household is running a fever or feeling ill. Our goal is to provide a safe place for everyone so creativity can continue…thank you for understanding!
By enrolling at the Edmond Fine Arts Institute, you accept all risk in attending in-person classes and agree to adhere to all social distancing and PPE use requirements while on the premises.
CLASS ENROLLMENT & REGISTRATION POLICIES
Class/camp/event space is limited! Registration is first come, first served. Early registration is encouraged!
- – TUITION IS DUE UPON ENROLLMENT. Only after payment is received, is enrollment guaranteed. A $50 service fee will be charged for returned checks.
- – Wait lists are available for classes/camps/events and filled in the order received. Students will be contacted when/if space becomes available.
- – Classes require a minimum of three students. Should a class not reach the minimum, FAI reserves the right to cancel the class and students will receive a full refund or credit.
– Makeup classes are NOT offered due to student absences. Class tuition CAN NOT be prorated.
– All art materials are provided by FAI unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- – Registration requires an email address which may be added to the FAI Monthly E-Newsletter; however, you have the option to unsubscribe at any time.
– Friends of FAI Memberships are encouraged and offer a variety of benefits, including up to 20% off classes for up to one year.
- – Unless notified otherwise, enrollment indicates agreement to the use of any photos or videos taken at FAI for educational or publicity purposes.
- – We encourage students to do their own artwork. Parents are not permitted in children’s classes in order to create an atmosphere conducive to creativity.
- – FAI reserves the right to refuse enrollment or dismiss any student for behavior that is disruptive or unacceptable to the learning environment. Behavior deemed detrimental to the learning environment may result in suspension from attending FAI programs/classes.
- – FAI reserves the right to alter the class schedule or substitute an instructor at any time during a session if necessary. Students will be notified of changes in advance.
- Classes/camps/events are non-refundable. We are happy to give class credits if notified AT LEAST 24 hours before classes begins. No credits can be issued once a class starts.
- – If an instructor must cancel a class, students will be notified via email, text, or phone call. Should this occur, the instructor will make up the class at an alternate time. If a makeup class is not possible, a class credit will be issued.
- – Cancellations due to weather will be listed on local news stations, Facebook and Instagram. Edmond Public School cancellation DOES NOT determine FAI closings. If a class is cancelled due to weather, no make-up class will be offered.
Registration indicates acknowledgement and acceptance of all Edmond Fine Arts Institute policies.