Policy & Procedure
Policy & Procedure
The Fine Arts Institute is Edmond Oklahoma’s non-profit community arts organization offering educational enrichment to youth and adults in the visual and performing arts.
Please do not drop off students more than 5 minutes prior to a class starting. Please pick up students promptly. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Fine Arts Institute knows creativity thrives through diversity. All classes are open to students pre-school through adults, regardless of race, color, creed or disability.
FAI COVID19 Policy’s for In-House Art Classes & Camps in June
There is no higher priority than the safety of our Edmond Fine Arts students and teachers. To effectively maintain a safe environment for everyone, camp policies and procedures have been modified to allow creativity to continue safely all summer.
SUMMER CAMP POLICIES:
- Camp enrollment is limited to a maximum of 8 students in a class to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Proper spacing will be easily identified in all areas.
- Students will be provided with hand sanitizer upon entering the building, and available in all classrooms.
- Surfaces and supplies will be cleaned and sanitized with FDA approved sanitizer at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Students and teachers are strongly encouraged to wear facemasks, but not required by Oklahoma State guidelines.
- Parents and siblings CANNOT wait in the common areas of the building while students are in camp. *See drop off and pick up procedures below
- PLEASE TAKE PRECAUTIONS…if you child is running a fever or feeling ill, please keep them home.
SUMMER CAMP PROCEDURES:
DROP OFF & PICK UP has been modified to maintain social distancing requirements
- Pull up to the front doors and remain in your car. The FAI staff will be in front of the building for camp check in and out.
- Drop off begins at 9:10 – please allow a few extra minutes (especially the first day). Parents will be given a color-coded sign with their child’s name and group to display for drop-off and pick-up during the week.
- After check-in campers will be taken directly to their art room.
9:30 -11:30 – Campers will complete 2 art projects* with one art instructor
11:30 -12:00 – Lunch
Groups will rotate between the Courtyard and Mitzi’s Park (on the west side of our building) each day. Clearly marked sections separating campers will be monitored by the staff while students eat and enjoy creative social time outside.
- We strongly encourage students to bring completely disposable lunches each day to reduce the potential spread of germs.
- Campers will wash/sanitize hands before and after lunch.
- During lunch, all art rooms and supplies will be disinfected with FDA approved cleaning supplies.
12:00-2:00 – Campers will complete 2 art new projects* with a different art instructor.
*Students will have the opportunity to complete all the projects throughout the course of the week as they rotate between the teachers during the week.
2:00 Pick Up*: Campers will remain in the classroom until their pick-up vehicle arrives.
-Please display the child’s color-coded paper sign in the front windshield for pick-up
-Remain in your vehicle while waiting.
*If you need to check a child out early, please call the office first, 340-4481. We will bring them to your car when you arrive.
FAI COVID19 Policy’s for In-House Art Classes in May
There is no higher priority than the safety of our Edmond Fine Arts students and teachers. To effectively maintain a safe environment for everyone, guidelines have been set by the Fine Arts Institute Board of Directors allowing a limited re-opening with the following requirements:
- Class sizes are limited to a maximum of 5 students to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Enroll early! Wait lists are available and new classes will be added when space and time allows
- All teachers and students are required to wear face masks in the building and during classes. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please bring your own
- All students must wash their hands before entering the classroom. Please follow the recommended guideline for hand washing posted above all sinks
- Classrooms and shared art supplies will be disinfected before and after each class
- Parents and siblings CANNOT wait in the common areas of the building while students are in class
- Do NOT come to class if you aren’t feeling well. Anyone displaying signs of illness will not be allowed in class
Any cancellations or closures will be communicated via email, website, social media, and local news. Additionally, we will continue to modify and update classes as needed.
- Class sizes are limited. Call early to reserve your spot.
- Materials: The FAI provides all materials unless indicated in the class description.
- Tuition: TUITION DUE UPON ENROLLMENT. We accept checks, cash, Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Only after payment is received, is enrollment guaranteed. Enrolled students are expected to attend all classes. No makeup classes are offered for student absences. Class tuition will not be prorated. A $25 service fee will be charged for returned checks. Occasionally, an instructor might have an emergency and must miss class. Should this occur, the instructor will make up the class at an alternate time convenient for the instructor and students. FAI reserves the right to substitute instructors. Students will be notified if time allows.
- Refunds: A $10 administrative fee will be charged for all class cancellations by student. Class credit or refund may be issued if a student drops a class 3 days prior to the first day of class. No refunds or credits shall be issued once a class begins. All FAI classes are based on a minimum of 5 students. Should the class not reach the minimum of 5 students, the FAI reserves the right to cancel the class and all students will receive a full refund or credit.
- Weather Closings: For up to date class and event cancellations please visit our facebook page, twitter or instagram sites. Closings are also listed with local news stations. Edmond Public Schools cancellation DOES NOT determine FAI closings. If a class is cancelled due to weather, no make-up class will be offered.
- Photos: Occasionally students’ photos are taken and/or artwork used for publicity purposes. Please let us know if this is not agreeable.
- Discount: A $100 membership to the Fine Arts Institute allows students a 10% discount on classes. Join today!
YOUR CHILD’S SAFETY IS VERY IMPORTANT TO FAI STAFF AND TEACHERS!
Parents & Students
We encourage FAI students to do their own work. FAI policy is that parents do not join children in the classroom. Thank you for understanding.