Policy & Procedure
Policy & Procedure
The Fine Arts Institute is Edmond Oklahoma’s non-profit community arts organization offering educational enrichment to youth and adults in the visual and performing arts.
Please do not drop off students more than 5 minutes prior to a class starting. Please pick up students promptly. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Fine Arts Institute knows creativity thrives through diversity. All classes are open to students pre-school through adults, regardless of race, color, creed or ability.
Updated April 20, 2021 by the Edmond Fine Arts Institute Board of Directors
Policies for In-House Art Classes & Camps
- There is no higher priority than the safety of our Edmond Fine Arts students and teachers. To maintain a safe environment the following actions and policies have been applied:
-Enrollment is limited to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
-Students and teachers are encouraged to wear face masks and hand sanitizer is available in all classrooms.
-Please drop off and pick up students at the front entrance.
-Waiting in the gallery is discouraged.
-If you, or your child are running a fever or feeling ill, please stay home!
Update August 20, 2020 by the Edmond Fine Arts Institute Board of Directors
FAI COVID19 Policies for In-House Art Classes & Camps
There is no higher priority than the safety of our Edmond Fine Arts students and teachers. To effectively maintain a safe environment for everyone, class and camp policies and procedures have been modified to allow creativity to safely continue.
- Class size is limited to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Proper spacing will be easily identified in all areas
- Students will be provided with hand sanitizer upon entering the building, and available in all classrooms
- Surfaces and supplies will be cleaned and sanitized with CDC approved sanitizers at regular intervals throughout the day
- ALL EMPLOYEES, STUDENTS, & OTHER INDIVIDUALS ENTERING OUR BUILDING ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR FACE COVERINGS over their mouth and nose AT ALL TIMES AS REQUIRED BY THE CITY OF EDMOND FACE MASK ORDINANCE beginning August 26, 2020
- Parents and siblings CANNOT wait in the common areas of the building while students are in class. *See drop off and pick up procedures below
- PLEASE TAKE PRECAUTIONS…if you child is running a fever or feeling ill, please keep them home.
Any cancellations or closures will be communicated via email, website, social media, and local news. Additionally, we will continue to modify and update classes as needed.
*Camp Drop Off and Pick Up
-Pull to the front of our building beginning at 8:45 – please allow a few extra minutes (especially the first day). FAI staff will escort each camper into the building and they will be taken to their classroom. Our teachers will be ready to meet them!
-At the end of camp each day, we will bring your child to your car.
Please be patient .. we are trying to minimize exposure and stay open so creativity can continue!!
By enrolling at the Edmond Fine Arts Institute, you accept all risk in attending in-person classes and agree to adhere to all social distancing and PPE use requirements while on the premises. Student and teacher safety is a top priority.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR PARENTS & STUDENTS
- Register early to reserve your spot in class, space is limited!
- Materials: The FAI provides all materials unless indicated in the class description.
- Tuition: TUITION DUE UPON ENROLLMENT. We accept checks, cash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. Only after payment is received, is enrollment guaranteed. Enrolled students are expected to attend all classes. No makeup classes are offered for student absences. Class tuition will not be prorated. A $25 service fee will be charged for returned checks. Occasionally, an instructor might have an emergency and must miss class. Should this occur, the instructor will make up the class at an alternate time convenient for the instructor and students. FAI reserves the right to substitute instructors. Students will be notified if time allows.
- Refunds: A $10 administrative fee will be charged for all class cancellations by student. Class credit or refund may be issued if a student drops a class 3 days prior to the first day of class. No refunds or credits shall be issued once a class begins. All FAI classes are based on a minimum of 3 students. Should the class not reach the minimum of 3 students, the FAI reserves the right to cancel the class and all students will receive a full refund or credit.
- Weather Closings: For up to date class and event cancellations please visit our facebook page, twitter or instagram sites. Closings are also listed with local news stations. Edmond Public Schools cancellation DOES NOT determine FAI closings. If a class is cancelled due to weather, no make-up class will be offered.
- Photos: Occasionally students’ photos are taken and/or artwork used for publicity purposes. Please let us know if this is not agreeable.
- We encourage students to do their own art work. FAI policy is that parents do not join children in the classroom. Thank you for understanding.
- Discount: A $100 membership to the Fine Arts Institute allows students a 10% discount on classes. Join today!
- By enrolling in class you agree to the to the above policies. Thank you!