The Fine Arts Institute is the place for creativity and excitement. In 2016 we are celebrating 31 years as Edmond’s nonprofit community arts organization offering educational enrichment for adults and children in visual and performing arts.
Class curriculum includes: drawing, painting, clay, pottery, theatre arts, mixed media, printmaking, jewelry design, seasonal art, and more. The FAI sponsors the Edmond Youth Chorus, two children’s plays, a statewide Youth Impressions juried art show and features a new exhibit each month in its gallery plus much more.
The FAI is a financially sound and well respected non profit organization. Strong partnerships, expanding cultural programming and strong enrollment continues. The Edmond community has embraced the FAI for over 30 years with students and corporate and individual patrons. Led by an outstanding board of directors of Edmond’s finest leaders, a talented and certified faculty, and dedicated staff, the FAI looks to the future to continue to provide cultural enrichment for our community.
Monday through Thursday – 9:00 through 5:00pm
Friday – 9:00 through 1:00 pm
Open evenings and weekends when classes are scheduled
Fine Arts Institute
P.O. Box 311
Edmond, OK 73083
27 E. Edwards (across the street north from the downtown Edmond post office)
The Fine Arts Institute knows creativity thrives through diversity. All Classes are open to students pre-school through adults, regardless of race, color, creed or disability.
- Class sizes are limited. Call early to reserve your spot.
- Materials: The Institute provides all materials unless indicated in the class description.
- Tuition: TUITION DUE UPON ENROLLMENT. We accept checks, cash, Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Only after payment is received, is enrollment guaranteed. Enrolled students are expected to attend all classes. No makeup classes are offered for student absences. Class tuition will not be prorated. A $25 service fee will be charged for returned checks. Occasionally, an instructor might have an emergency and must miss class. Should this occur, the instructor will make up the class at an alternate time convenient for the instructor and students. FAI reserves the right to substitute instructors. Students will be notified if time allows.
- Refunds: A $10 administrative fee will be charged for all class cancellations by student. Class credit or refund may be issued if a student drops a class 3 days prior to the first day of class. No refunds or credits shall be issued once a class begins. All FAI classes are based on a minimum of 5 students. Should the class not reach the minimum of 5 students, the FAI reserves the right to cancel the class and all students will receive a full refund or credit.
- Weather Closings: For up to date class and event cancellations please visit our facebook page, twitter or instagram sites. Closings are also listed with local news stations. Edmond Public Schools cancellation DOES NOT determine FAI closings. If a class is cancelled due to weather, no make-up class will be offered.
- Discount: A $100 donation to Friends of FAI allows students a 10% discount on classes. Join today!
- Photos: Occasionally students’ photos are taken and/or artwork maybe used for publicity purposes.
- We encourage FAI children to do their own work. FAI policy is that parents do not join children in the classroom. Thank you for understanding.